RE: Playability of individual Blobs produced by a MediaRecorder

I’ve always assumed that requestData was for the case where the developer wants to set his own timing for getting (possibly unplayable Blobs).  If he wants a complete resource, can’t  he call stop() followed by start() if we wants to begin another one?

-          Jim

From: rocallahan@gmail.com [mailto:rocallahan@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Robert O'Callahan
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:15 AM
To: Travis Leithead
Cc: Jim Barnett; public-media-capture@w3.org
Subject: Re: Playability of individual Blobs produced by a MediaRecorder

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 5:17 AM, Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com<mailto:travis.leithead@microsoft.com>> wrote:
This makes sense to me.

OK, I'm glad we agree on that.

However, what about the case where requestData() is called? It seems to me we might want to emit a Blob that completes the current resource and start building a new resource. If we don't do that, what is requestData for?

Rob
--
Jtehsauts  tshaei dS,o n" Wohfy  Mdaon  yhoaus  eanuttehrotraiitny  eovni le atrhtohu gthot sf oirng iyvoeu rs ihnesa.r"t sS?o  Whhei csha iids  teoa stiheer :p atroa lsyazye,d  'mYaonu,r  "sGients  uapr,e  tfaokreg iyvoeunr, 'm aotr  atnod  sgaoy ,h o'mGee.t"  uTph eann dt hwea lmka'n?  gBoutt  uIp  waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w