Re: Use-case: Auditing

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 12:19 PM, cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org> wrote:
>     Ideally, I shouldn't have to run a browser at all. Ideally, the
> specification should publish two APIs: JS and C/C++ (aka Native API) against
> the same use-cases. http://www.webrtc.org/webrtc-native-code-package
> mentions the latter, the specification completely ignores its existence.

I don't understand this. There's a JavaScript API being standardized.
The API maps to a protocol. If you want it in a different language,
implement the protocol and invent an API for it. There's no reason for
that to be a standardized solution. The browser API needs to be
standardized because users will all share that client, but the server
can be any client the server developer choses and it can have any
developer-facing API that server developer deems appropriate. This
philosophy is followed for the entire web platform stack.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/