Re: noaccess / peerIdentity as constraints

On 7/5/13 6:57 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 5 July 2013 01:26, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org> wrote:
>> Based on my understanding, we want them as constraints for the whole
>> MediaStream.
>
> MediaStreams are a terrible place for this sort of thing, but they are
> better than the alternative ;)
>
> As long as this is the direction, then I think that there needs to be
> some text regarding how the track that comprise a noaccess- or
> peerIdentity -constrained stream can be used.
>
> Primarily, this relates to adding the track to other MediaStreams.  A
> flat prohibition seems appropriate here.  I considered the option
> where you could move tracks between streams that had identical access
> restrictions, but decided that noaccess isn't that simple.

I agree that prohibition seems like the logical alternative.

I also think we need more text on explaining how it is supposed to work.
E.g.:

* Are noaccess streams intended for hair checks only?
* Should there be some kind of indication (in the browser chrome) that
all access to cameras/microphones is of type "noaccess"?
* Would "noaccess" mean that the user would not have to give consent
(since the app can do no harm with the media) to accessing input devices?

etc.

Stefan