RE: Screen capture

According to the V6 settings proposal (https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/media-stream-capture/proposals/SettingsAPI_proposal_v6.html#source-states), the screen or some specific application, etc., could be requested as long as the screen/app/etc., could be identified with a specific "sourceId". The sourceType, in that case would be "readonly".

As mentioned, getting the id is the sticky point. Of course, we could simply reserve some common keywords for grabbing screens/apps, etc., that the user agent could process how they will, e.g., {sourceId: "screen"} or {sourceId: "app"}.