Screen capture

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 06:21:45 +0900
To: "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
I was just reading the use cases and requirements again and this one
jumped out at me:

   F30             The browser MUST be able to use the screen (or
                   a specific area of the screen) or what a certain
                   application displays on the screen to generate
                   streams.

I don't believe that there is a way to express this in the
getUserMedia API.  I believe that there was some talk of pulling media
from a <video> tag, but that doesn't seem quite sufficient.  Is this
an issue we want to address?

Capturing content that is not normally visible to the application
introduces some interesting questions.