Re: FW: Call for Consensus to publish a First Public Working Draft of "MediaStream Recording API", deadline 31 Jan 2013 [resend adding DAP]

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 1:20 AM, Stefan Håkansson LK <
stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:

> On 2013-01-24 17:35, Jim Barnett wrote:
>
>> Forwarding a discussion from another list.
>>
>> Glenn,
>>
>> It’s true that we have not been considering DVR/PVR as use cases.
>> Chairs, should we contact the Recording and Downloading Task force? From
>> looking at their wiki, it sounds like some of their use cases are
>> outside our defined scope, but it would be foolish if our work was
>> incompatible with what they need.
>>

> Speaking with my chair hat on: yes, I think we should contact them. But I
> don't think we should let that stop the process to go to FPWD. We have a
> proposal that satisfies the scenarios we have defined, and publishing it
> could actually facilitate the discussions with teh "Recording and
> Downloading TF" as our work will become known to a broader audience.

Agreed. I wasn't suggesting holding up a FPWD. But clearly there needs to
be some coordination and discussion about possible broadening of scope that
may not have been present before.

Regards,
Glenn