Re: event definitions

From: Adam Bergkvist <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 10:52:43 +0100
To: Jim Barnett <Jim.Barnett@genesyslab.com>
On 2012-12-20 16:48, Jim Barnett wrote:
> Iím trying to clean up the event definitions in the recording draft and
> notice the following:
>
> 1.MediaStreamEvent is defined in the webRTC spec (section 8.5).
> Shouldnít that be moved to the gUM spec since thatís where MediaStream
> is defined?
>
> 2.The gUM spec mentions MediaStreamTrackEvent, but doesnít define it.
>
> Both these event types can be used in the recording spec, so Iíd like to
> link to their definitions elsewhere, rather than copying and risking
> getting out of synch.

I think we could move the MediaStreamTrackEvent definition to the Media
Capture spec and add text that says that this event is used when a
MediaStream is updated by the platform (i.e. not directly with
addTrack()/removeTrack()).

I'm not sure about MediaStreamEvent. It's used to deliver a new remote
stream and not as tightly coupled to the internals of the MediaStream
API as MediaStreamTrackEvent is.

I remember that an old version of the recording API used
MediaStreamEvent, but I don't see it in the latest version.

/Adam