Re: Dictionary-shaped Hammers

On 9 December 2013 13:44, cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org> wrote:
> Who throw an error on unknown constraints? ConstraintSet.set() or
> getUserMedia()? I'd prefer the former (fail as early as possible) but I'm
> curious what you were thinking.

You don't get the former sadly.  Since ConstraintSet is generic (you
can see this from its name), it can't know where it is going to be
applied until it actually is applied.

> How do we support forward-compatibility? I didn't see you mention a
> getSupportedConstraints() method or something similar.

I imagine that having an exception thrown is a good way to learn that
something is not supported.  That's less necessary with this.  That
said, I'm not against it either.  It's not quite interface cruft.