From: Randy Lin [mailto:rlin@mozilla.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2013 8:57 PM
To: Jim Barnett
Cc: public-media-capture@w3.org
Subject: Re: Expect behavior of calling stop before receiving the onstart event on MediaRecorder API?

Hi Jim,
About the start method
"Set state to 'recording' and wait until media becomes available from stream."
The stream available waiting time may not be estimated and it is possible that application want to cancel the recording operation during that time.
Does the stop method should in waiting queue until the start tasks finished?
That means stop method can be executed after onstart event fired.

-rlin