From: Martin Thomson [mailto:martin.thomson@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 12:01 PM
To: Cullen Jennings (fluffy)
Cc: Silvia Pfeiffer; Stefan Hakansson LK; public-media-capture@w3.org; Jim Barnett; Adam Bergkvist
Subject: Re: Bug 23934 - Proposal: Always launch permission prompt to avoid leakage

On 3 December 2013 08:57, Cullen Jennings (fluffy) <fluffy@cisco.com> wrote:
> The question is what happened when none of the devices meet the constraints. Do you pop a dialog up to the user that says "Hey, your web page wanted to something that they can not have. Wait some random amount of time before deciding to click OK to dismiss this dialog".

You are right, that is the question.

That's an implementation choice as far as I'm concerned.  The site isn't going to get an answer, so I'm not sure that there is much point in asking a user, but I'm of the opinion that a user should be able to make the choice still.  Maybe the "choice" involves plugging a device in that does meet constraints.