Re: RECAP: Conclusion: Cloning and sharing of MediaStreamTracks - worth it?

On 2013-08-22 12:19, Tommy Widenflycht wrote:
> I thought the idea was that the source of the tracks on the receiving
> side was their respective local PeerConnection, not the original source
> on the sending side.

This is my understanding as well. But it would keep the Id, right?

> This has far-fetching consequences I think.

I'm not sure I follow. What I intended to say I agree to is that tracks
on the receiving side of a PC should be possible to play out in sync if
their origin is the same (coming from the same physical unit, e.g. a
computer with one microphone and one camera) regardless of if they are
sent in one MediaStream or two different MS's, and that using the same
RTP CNAME is needed to accomplish this.

> Consider adding a bit of echo and/or some sound effects on the
> MediaStream between the microphone and the PC using WebAudio. Should the
> original source identifier still be preserved? A PC processes the media
> similarly by doing error concealment in different forms...

This is a good point. We've not discussed the source identifier of a
(audio) track originating from an AudioContext. But to me it seems
obvious it can't be the same source identifier as the one of the
microphone creating the original track.