Re: MediaStreamTrack Lifecycle and Media Flow

I like this.  The text on enabled/muted is clear enough that I believe
it will avoid confusion altogether.

On 16 April 2013 05:01, Adam Bergkvist <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com> wrote:
> *** MediaStreamTrack Lifecycle and Media Flow ***
>
> The MediaStreamTrack interface lets the script control a single flow of
> media. The live state indicates that the track source is active and the
> track renders media.

I don't know what "live state" refers to here.  Maybe this is more
obvious with highlighting on the "live" keyword, but it isn't clear
from context that you are talking about readyState.

You probably do need to include some more thorough description about
the actual lifecycle (new/live/ended).  The title mentions it, but the
above doesn't make it clear that you are talking about lifecycle.  We
probably need something like:
--

> The MediaStreamTrack interface lets the script control a single flow of
> media.

A MediaStreamTrack has three stages in its lifecycle.  A track begins
as "new" prior to being connected to an active source.

Once connected, the 'started' event fires and the track becomes
"live".  In the "live" state, the track is active and media is
available for rendering at a sink (e.g., an HTML <video> or <audio>
element).

<insert text on muting and rendering>

A track becomes "ended" and the 'ended' event fires when the source of
a track is disconnected or exhausted.

--Martin