Re: VideoStreamTrack: takePhoto()

On 08/04/2013 10:27 , Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> Fully agreed. Your task is to convince us that the idea has technical
> merit.

To be fair, in 2013, I would think that the onus of technical proof
ought to fall on whoever is *rejecting* Futures. Futures are designed to
be the one true way of handling precisely what Anne is proposing them
for here, and I am unaware of any opposition to this consensus.

We've been discussing this for a while. Now we have a solution. Unless
there are genuine, technically grounded concerns with Futures the time
to use them is now.

Frankly, I was expecting anyone with any JS programming experience to be
dancing at the availability of Futures. I'm a bit surprised at the
reluctance.