Re: MediaStream: multiple consumer case

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 21:45:14 +0100
To: "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org>
Cc: "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 8:32 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
> It sounds like your Streams just produce bytes. How would a MediaStream
> consumer such as <video> interpret these bytes? We can't just start decoding
> the bytes if the consumer happens to attach in the middle of the Stream.

I was thinking of
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/tip/media-source/media-source.html
in particular. It would be nice if you fetched a large video file via
XMLHttpRequest you could pipe it through to <video> though. But yes in
that case I guess you either need the MediaStream abstraction or you
need to do it at the start of the stream.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/