Re: Overconstrained

On 1 April 2013 02:04, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:
> Note that I did not want to change at all the mechanics of camera
> *selection*.
> I wanted to extend the semantics of camera *permission*.
>
> The two concepts are different, they just happen to be both mediated by
> GetUserMedia at present.

Interesting, I thought that you wanted to provide a path to avoid the
two concepts being conflated in this way.  That is, your proposed
"grant all" allows the application to perform selection without being
it mediated by getUserMedia.  Of course, this depends on the user
providing permission to gain this control.