Re: The MediaStream constructor

From: Adam Bergkvist <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 18:15:59 +0200
To: Anant Narayanan <anant@mozilla.com>
CC: "Tommy Widenflycht (ᛏᚮᛘᛘᚤ)" <tommyw@google.com>, "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
On 2012-09-25 17:16, Anant Narayanan wrote:
> On 9/24/2012 11:36 AM, Tommy Widenflycht (ᛏᚮᛘᛘᚤ) wrote:
>> Well, a MediaStreamTrackList is fine as well :)
>>
>> The difficult to implement thingie is the "union of MediaStream,
>> MediaStreamTrackList and MediaStreamTracks".
>
> It is either MediaStream or MediaStreamTrackList. It should not be
> possible to create  a new MediaStream using only MediaStreamTracks
> (without first wrapping them in a list).

I'm not that keen on adding a constructor to MediaStreamTrackList so I
think that we need to support creating a MediaStream from individual
tracks (or a JS array of tracks).

Support for entire MediaStream objects are nice since it makes cloning
simple, but it's not a must IMO since a MediaStream is simply a pair
MediaStreamTrackList objects.

The current behavior comes from the resolution in this mail:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2012May/0024.html

/Adam