Re: Settings retrieval/application API Proposal (formerly: constraint modification API v3)

One of the requirements for a specification to move to Recommendation in the W3C is for interop testing to be completed on all the features.

Maybe this has already been addressed, but what does it mean to interop capabilities?

Does it mean to simply be able to set and obtain back setting values? In that case whether or not face detection works at all is irrelevant, as the test is about whether the capability value can be set and obtained (not whether there is truly an implementation behind it or whether such implementations are consistent).

There are a number of arguments against considering the algorithms used to implement such capabilities, including the need for algorithm agility and IPR to mention two.

A way forward might be to consider how testing is to be done, and the  effort and approach needed.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia