Re: approaches to recording

From: Timothy B. Terriberry <tterriberry@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 18:35:01 -0700
To: public-media-capture@w3.org
Jim Barnett wrote:
> I'm sensing a groundswell of opinion that the Recording API has to be located close to the track level.  A list of Tracks is rather different than a MediaStream...

I actually think that MediaStreams are a pretty good place to add a
record method (returning an object that actually does the recording, as
roc suggested). Actual containers require their streams be synchronized
(which is something a MediaStream enforces that a list of tracks does
not), and the generic events like "ended", etc., that we're already
producing on a MediaStream for a collection of tracks are exactly the
kind of inputs that recording object needs, so it seems like it would be
nice to re-use them.