Re: recording proposal

On 10/16/2012 11:08 AM, Adam Bergkvist wrote:
> On 2012-10-05 15:55, Jim Barnett wrote:
>> Here is a proposal for recording for discussion on Tuesday’s call.
>>
>> -Jim and Travis
>>

>> The UA may garbage collect the original Blob of data once the
>> dataavailable event that contains it has been processed.
>
> Does this mean that I couldn't do the following?
>
> var blobs = [];
> track.ondataavailable = function (evt) {
>     blobs.push(evt.data);
> };
Garbage collection doesn't collect memory that you have explicit
references to, does it?

At 2 Mbits/sec, 0.4 Mbytes/sec, it would probably take you a few minutes
to run out of memory (~5 hours for 8G of RAM, actually, unless I slipped
a decimal).
That's completely OK with me. You asked for it, you got it.