From: Harald Alvestrand [mailto:harald@alvestrand.no]
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 11:35 AM
To: public-media-capture@w3.org
Subject: Re: approaches to recording

On 10/11/2012 12:50 AM, Jim Barnett wrote:

	I just want to observe that lossless streaming is what we (= the
contact center and speech industry) want for  talking to a speech
recognition system.  It would be ideal if PeerConnection supported it.
Failing that, it would be nice if the Recorder supported it,  but in a
pinch we figure that we can use the track-level API to deliver buffers
of speech data and let the JS code set up the TCP/IP connection.

Of course lossless streaming (truly guaranteed delivery) implies
non-real-time streaming (or, more formally, having to deal with the
possibility that delivery will be delayed beyond real-time), given that
the Internet is a lossy medium.

To another thread: Yes, having the constructor for the recorder take a
MIME type parameter would imply that you set the codec to be used. I
think we all agree that the data coming out of a recording interface is
encoded.

           Harald