RE: approaches to recording

[Milan] I've tried this route before.  The W3C WebRTC pointed me to the IETF WebRTC, and they pointed me to Media Capture.  But perhaps the upshot is that Media Capture should issue a formal recommendation back to one of the WebRTC groups.

Regarding Opus and speech, I suspect this is a good fit.  I'm running some trials right now and will be posting the results to the Opus developer community.