Re: Telco time + call for agenda topics

On 10/2/2012 5:23 AM, Stefan Hakansson LK wrote:
> Responding to my own email,
>
> I would be interested to hear a bit more on what the status is
> regarding direct assignment of MediaStream's to media elements.
>
> Randell, could you report on this?

Sure - we have a proposed compromise solution:

Instead of overloading media_elem.src to allow direct assignment from a
stream, we're creating a new property: media_elem.srcObject.

Usage:
     media_elem.srcObject = stream;

If both .src and .srcObject are set, .srcObject take precedence.

Mozilla has currently changed our implementation (in mozilla-central)
from .src = stream to .mozSrcObject = stream (prefixed until the new
property is speced).   We are also implementing
URL.createObjectURL(stream), though we discourage it's usage due to
object lifetime management issues.

If I've mis-summarized, roc will correct me. :-)

--
Randell Jesup
randell-ietf@jesup.org