Re: revised recording proposal

On 11/28/2012 08:28 PM, Mandyam, Giridhar wrote:
> There is a difference between returning a blob at timeSlice intervals
> until stopRecording is called, versus returning a File object only
> once.  I don't want to get into a discussion on how different GC's
> are treating blobs today, but to say that there is no performance
> difference between the two is premature.

That is an aspect I did not consider! I - naïvely - was only thinking
about the API layer.

If I understand you correctly, the issue is more related to returning
several instances of (time-sliced) recorded data during an ongoing
recording vs. only one set of data after the recording has ended than to
the actual handling of Blob's vs. File's.

Stefan