Re: Syntax options for constraints structure

On Fri, 11 May 2012 18:11:04 +0100, Anant Narayanan <anant@mozilla.com>
wrote:

> Correction, the intent of this syntax was also to drop the "video"
> prefix on each constraint since the top-level element is video:
>
> navigator.getUserMedia({
>     video: {
>       mandatory: {
>         minHeight:600,
>         maxBandwidth:500
>       },
>       optional: [
>         {
>           maxAspectratio: 1.333333333333,
>           minTimebetweenrefframes: 20,
>           minFramerate: 30,
>           enumAutowhitebalance: "on"
>         },
>         {
>           minTimebetweenrefframes: 40,
>           minFramerate: 10
>         },
>      ]
>    }
> });

Is there anywhere that documents the purpose of this plethora of extra
arguments? I very much enjoyed the simplicity of the gUM API and am unsure
about what all this extra complexity is for.

Bruce Lawson
(work for Opera, but asking for me)