Re: User Media Hints

On 3/9/2012 1:14 AM, Soo-Hyun Choi wrote:

>> I can't remember a reason; I think it had more to do with lack of time, and
>> to do the basics first and then add more.
>>

> I've been following up the discussions related to the camera
> options(maybe, hints in our language), but cannot pin down the reason
> why these options (i.e., user or environment) have been removed in the
> latest draft. As Rich pointed out earlier, I would love to have these
> options becoming available for the next draft update.

The text was removed as the new capabilities & constraints API being
discussed was expected to replace the functionality it provided.

I raised an open action item at the last meeting to redefine what the
hints structure would look like in light of the new capabilities
proposal. I think it would be nice to have the capabilities proposal be
a little more fleshed out before we revisit hints.

-Anant