RE: updating the requirements document

Many of Section 5's discussion points have been brought up in the list. The Chairs have also tried to close on some of those issues.

Chairs, do you have a list of the issues and what their status' are? If we can cross-references the various discussion points in Section 5 to the issues list and add the current status of each, it would help make those parts of Section 5 more relevant.

I don't think adding new scenarios to section 2 is something we should do at this time (I recall a recent mail thread about that...)

From: Jim Barnett [mailto:Jim.Barnett@genesyslab.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 8:04 AM
To: public-media-capture@w3.org
Subject: updating the requirements document

I'm looking at the requirements doc.  I gather that I should start filling in section 3 with requirements extracted from the scenarios in section 1.  (There have been a couple of emails with suggestions).  However I am wondering what to do with section 5 http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/media-stream-capture/scenarios.html#design-considerations-and-remarks.  It contains a more open-ended discussion of things like privacy, previewing, pre- and post-processing, device selection, etc.  It seems to me that there  are a lot of requirements that could be mined out of it.  Should section 5 be turned into concrete scenarios and moved to section 2?  Or should we continue working on it where it is?

In any case, I think that section 5 will require discussion in the group since it covers a fairly broad range of topics and lists a number of open issues.

-          Jim