Re: Proposal to rename and publish "getUserMedia" document

On 6/13/12 1:08 PM, Stefan Hakansson LK wrote:
> The getUserMedia document has undergone big changes the last few months.
> For example, constraints has been introduced, description of
> MediaStream's have been added. getUserMedia was previously officially
> published as part of the FPWD of PeerConnection, but we need to have a
> stable reference for this document too, which we achieve by publication
> as a public Working Draft.
>
> The chairs think this is a good time to publish the draft as a public
> Working Draft to get feedback from people outside our community. Unless
> there are objections to this, the plan is to start this process soon.

+1! However, I would like the chance to make a set of uncontroversial
editorial changes before an FPWD.

> Also, the current title, "getUserMedia", is not the best one! Our
> proposal is to change this to "Media Capture and Streams".

Agreed. I think the name "Media Streams" as proposed by Sun Yang is
insufficient since the document also includes a mechanism for acquiring
media streams from hardware and other sources.

Regards,
-Anant