Re: 答复: Can getUserMedia return multiple mediastreams?

On 06/04/2012 03:18 AM, Sunyang (Eric) wrote:
> Hi Stefan
>
> Thanks for your reply
>
> Yes, I know we can construct MediaStream using existing MediaStreamTrack in other MediaStream.
> But from existing demo in internet, Ericsson webrtc browser, Google Chrome, it seems that we can only choose 1 camera at the same time.
> This is the first limitation.

I think that the Ericsson version allows you to tick all cameras that
are available (while the Chrome selector allows the user to select one
camera only per getUserMedia call).

> And getUserMedia only return 1 MediaStream, let's assume we can get 2 camera MediaStreamTrack in 1 stream, we need to execute extra step
> by construct MediaStream using existing MediaStreamTrack, what's more the 2 camera MediaStreamTrack are not needed to be synchronized(only
> synchronized MediaStreamTrack should be placed inside 1 MediaStream), 1 camera is for<video>  element rendering, another camera is for face detection/authorization etc..

I think more discussion is needed around this. Some time where spent at
a resent telco, and I think there was a feeling that both models should
be supported, but not really concluded or specced.

> What I am requesting is :
>
> Can we let getUserMedia optionally to return a MediaStreamList type value so that JS can iterate through the list and pick the right one for video element rendering, right one
> For face detection/authorization.
>
> MediaStream can contain quality information to help JS to judge which one to choose for different purpose?

I think the main objection to this has been fingerprinting: the more the
app can find out about your device and its capabilities and so on the
more privacy you give away.