Revised getUserMedia editor's draft available

From: Dan Burnett <dburnett@voxeo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 22:35:56 -0400
To: public-media-capture@w3.org
Hi all,

I just committed a new version of the editor's draft for the getUserMedia specification, available at the usual place:  http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/getusermedia.html
The static dated version is at http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/getusermedia-20120601.html

This revision now contains the constraints structure and algorithm.

Notes:

1. The original proposal that I wrote very clearly stated that only the semantics of the constraint processing algorithm needed to be followed, rather than the precise steps of the algorithm. However, the original text for getusermedia processing requires literal implementation of the steps of the algorithm.  Since some people on this list do not want to implement the constraint algorithm precisely as given for efficiency reasons, can anyone suggest how we can adjust the wording at the top of the algorithm to accommodate this?

2. I still need to fix draft-burnett-rtcweb-constraints-registry to use the new syntax for constraints.

3. I have not yet added the capabilities section.  I will do that in a subsequent draft.

Please send your feedback and comments to the list.

-- dan