Re: updates to requirements document

Randell Jesup wrote:
> And...  Defining the associated control information needed for decoding
> is a significant task, especially as it would need to be
> codec-agnostic.  (Which from the conversation I think you realize.) This
> also is an API that I believe we at Mozilla (or some of us) disagree
> with (though I'm not the person primarily following this; I think Robert
> O'Callahan and Tim Terriberry are).

More than just codec-agnostic. It would have to be a) flexible enough to
support all the formats people care about (already challenging by
itself) while b) well-defined enough to be re-implementable by every
vendor in a compatible way. This leaves you quite a fine needle to thread.

I don't want people to under-estimate how much work is involved here.