RE: [media cap] 1st draft agenda for telco

From: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 18:24:32 +0000
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
CC: Stefan Hakansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>, "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
>From: Harald Alvestrand [mailto:harald@alvestrand.no]
>
>On 02/07/2012 10:06 AM, Travis Leithead wrote:
>> Rich brought up a topic a while ago that may merit some discussion, as
>I'm also interested in the same:
>>
>> Rationale for keeping the definition of the MediaStream interface in the
>WebRTC spec.
>>
>> I know that both PeerConnection and getUserMedia are entry points to
>>get/create media streams. So I'd like to start a conversation about which
>>spec should define the MediaStream interface and why.
>
>We've been over this before (thread "Defining the split..." starting on
>Dec 7).
>It petered out pretty quickly, with comments only from you, me and Rich
>Tibbett (who started the thread, and then fell silent).
>
>I'd like to hear from more people before declaring that it's interesting
>to reopen the issue.
>(reviewing the thread, I also see that I did not respond to your last
>questions on the thread; do you want to reopen those, or have they
>become overtaken by events in the meantime?)

My questions at the end of that thread [1] still stand. I don't have a strong
grasp on the prior discussions that have formed your view on what the
MediaStream is. To that end, some of the arguments you make don't make sense
to me.

I think hearing some background from you during our upcoming call would be helpful
to me, and perhaps others.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2011Dec/0055.html