Re: Early Holiday Present: Settings API version 6

On 12/25/2012 03:07 PM, Jim Barnett wrote:

> If we think of an enum as a type, can’t a platform extend our
> definition by adding new values (as long as it respects the ones we’ve
> defined)?  I’m just curious, not arguing for any particular design.

In this case, I don't think it is a WebIDL enum.

We might want to use some similar language to what I proposed in the
latest stats proposal, where I used the WebIDL dictionary syntax as a
documentation, but described the API in terms of function calls that did
not use these dictionaries.

Note - WebIDL has partial interfaces, which I assume can be used for
partial enums, but unlike ABNF, using them for extending an existing
interface in a separate document is currently discouraged.