From: Travis Leithead [mailto:travis.leithead@microsoft.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2012 2:44 PM
To: Jim Barnett; public-media-capture@w3.org
Subject: RE: Early Holiday Present: Settings API version 6

Yes, I think that would be a fine change to make. The state, capabilities, and constraints would still apply to the "photo-camera" source type, we'd just move the takePhoto and event to the recording proposal.

In the recording proposal, takePhoto (or whatever we call it) could use the track's constraints, and also the track's source capabilities and state to take the snapshot. This could produce a high-resolution photo if the track's source is "photo-camera", or just a frame-grab otherwise.

Sounds very do-able.

-Travis