Re: How to check if permission denied?

On 7 December 2012 09:23, Timothy B. Terriberry <tterriberry@mozilla.com> wrote:
> I'm curious to hear how you think this should interact with the deviceId
> constraint proposed earlier. Do all files use the same deviceId (even though
> they may have, for example, drastically different resolutions and
> framerates)? If not, is the deviceId they do have persistent (so an app
> could request the exact same file it had before)? Do your answers to these
> questions change if we allow enumeration of deviceIds or merely allow
> re-requesting a previously obtained deviceId?

I know what I think: getUserMedia is the wrong API to use for
acquiring media from a non-user-device source.  These are the sorts of
questions that arise.  I don't think that deviceId makes any sense for
something that is not a device.  (Similarly, I would not use
getUserMedia to acquire media from an RTCPeerConnection.)