Re: Slides for MediastreamTracks (Re: Detailf for teleconf tomorrow)

On 2012-12-05 17:38, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> Changing subject as always....
>
> thanks a lot!
>
> q: with this interface, isn't the division into a set of video tracks
> and a set of audio tracks simply an implementation detail that the API
> doesn't have to spec?
>
> IE it would be equally valid if there was only one bunch of tracks, and
> the get*tracks functions just grepped through it.
>
> I like having implementation details be unobservable....

I simply picked the two-bucket-approach as a way to describe the
behavior. Yes, it would be equally valid to have one bucket and filter
it to provide the output to the different get* methods. Perhaps that
approach would be easier (=require adding slightly less spec text) to
extend with new track types.

I general, I see the algorithms as: if you follow the algorithm you are
compliant. Also, if you implement this in an other way that produces the
exact same result as following the algorithm; you're also compliant.

/Adam