Re: Synchronous getUserMedia proposal

One thing that made me less worried about this issue than when Eric
brought it up in Lyon was that I realized that this is a very common
issue; the same thing (stream showing up after a while, or not showing
up at all) happens in stored-media streaming all the time, and the video
tag has lots of functions (background image, default color, I forget
what more) that allow applications to make the UI look pretty while
waiting for the stream to appear.

This also means that when streams don't appear... applications will
handle that. Or not, but when they don't, they won't handle streams
going away either.

I do share the concerns about not knowing what to negotiate before the
stream is known, though.