RE: revised recording proposal

> From: Mandyam, Giridhar [mailto:mandyam@quicinc.com]
>
> The first alternative (OOM) is not a bug in my opinion, but a valid
> mitigation strategy could be that the UA is allowed to write to disk when
> memory limits are approached.  But my reading of the File API spec is that
> a File object can be backed by disk memory, but there is no mention of
> whether a Blob in general may be backed by disk memory.  If the UA has the
> flexibility to write to disk when memory limitations are reached, then we
> have the open issue as to whether the UA can be deemed to be in compliance
> with the Recording API spec if it returns a File object instead of a Blob.

My understanding of the differences between blobs and files is _only_ in the set of attributes they expose. The rationale I see for exposing the recorded data as a Blob vs. File, is simply avoiding the issue of what values to put in the File's "name" and "lastModifiedDate" attributes. Since the Blob hasn't been [observerably] pushed to disk yet, these values don't have meaning.