RE: Constraints at request time (Re: Revised Constraints modification API proposal)

> From: Randell Jesup [mailto:randell-ietf@jesup.org]
>
> On 8/23/2012 10:03 AM, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> > (Note - I think we need to separate cleanly the constraints, which
> > apply to capabilities of the device, from *commands* to the device,
> > like "turn the flash on" or "pan to the left" - the latter needs to be
> > an interface like what Rich is suggesting. It can't be expressed
> > sensibly using constraints.)
>
> Agreed; see my last message.  I'd be interested in how well Rich's proposal
> handles the usecases I mention there.  (I'm behind in my reading here).

Yeah, some settings work better as properties, e.g., Booleans. (use flash, use backlight, etc., all the toggles)

The settings that I map to constraints (in my head) are the ones that take ranges (mostly stuff like resolution and framerate)

Having a list of these to talk in specifics will be very helpful.