RE: A sketch of a V1 of the media capture API specifciation

Le mardi 21 août 2012 à 16:25 +0000, Travis Leithead a écrit :
> This could be problematic. Many of the V2 features noted in the "out"
> section below, could have designs that necessitate changes to V1.

I agree this is a risk; my thinking is that we should design as much a
non-core features [*] to feel confident that we have a solid core, and
once we get there, leave them out of the way for the core to go to Rec
(e.g. not having to test them).

[*] I'm using "core"/"non-core" rather than "v1"/"v2" since I think we
would be defining modules that plug onto the core, rather than versions

I'll note in general that this thread has two or three separate (but
obviously complementary) topics:
* whether we should have a modular approach to our specs
* what these modules should be
* which should be developed in priority

It might help to collect input on these points separately to get a
better picture of the group's perspective.

Dom