Re: Proposal for Still Image Capture

On 08/21/2012 05:03 PM, Mandyam, Giridhar wrote:
> Hi Harald,
> Thanks for the feedback.  As the proposal currently stands, the returned ArrayBuffer would contain PNG data (similar to the snapshot example in Section 6 of the current getUserMedia spec).
Actually that example in getUserMedia shows getting the data by putting
the stream into a <video> tag and snapshotting that by drawing the video
onto a canvas, which is kind of indirect, but firmly leaves the question
of format support to the canvas element - where PNG is a default value,
not the only supported one, according to
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/the-canvas-element.html#a-serialization-of-the-image-as-a-file

That's what made me ask.