Re: Distinguishing video and audio streams to enable fine-grained feature control

Le mardi 14 août 2012 à 23:41 +0200, Rich Tibbett a écrit :
> We're considering a UI where the user gives a page permission to access to 'the webcam' as a general concept. The opt-in would by default result in a single video stream track and single audio stream track in most cases but there may be other options.
>
> A developer can then change the source of the video track via this API but still only has a single stream at any given time.

That sounds like a pretty big change in the security assumptions for
getUserMedia; I would prefer an API that would let developer request a
camera change (possibly on user's request), but that camera change (and
the particular camera to be selected) would still have to be approved by
the user.

Dom