Re: Distinguishing video and audio streams to enable fine-grained feature control

Hi Rich,

On 08/14/2012 04:38 AM, Rich Tibbett wrote:
> The proposal herein therefore incorporates an initial set of controls
> for developers to tune certain web camera feature. We expect this will
> be of interest for a large number of other use cases, such as Camera
> capabilities detection and control in the form of a best-effort approach
> that is inclusive and 'webby' by design.
>
> Our primary concern at this time is to get a sense for whether there's
> agreement around supplying these options to developers or not and then
> to subsequently discuss whether the interface proposal provided is fit
> for purpose. If anyone else has alternative proposals then we'd be
> interested to discuss them further here of course.

Thanks for bringing this up! We've also identified these needs at
Mozilla (https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/CameraControl) and would love
to incorporate these features into the specification.

I haven't gone through your proposal in detail, but it looks like a
solid start!

Cheers,
-Anant