Re: Fwd: draft proposal : active multiple devices for getUserMedia

On 04/17/2012 09:53 PM, Josh Soref wrote:
> Adam wrote:
>> I think we need to support this in some form.
>> The home-security monitoring use case may not be the most common,
>> but consider a mobile device with a front and a back camera,
>> it's likely that people would like to toggle between the cameras.
>> In that particular use case I see having one MediaStream with two
>> video tracks as the most natural alternative.
> This doesn't seem to be the most natural. The most natural is that the UA lets the user toggle the input source and always only exposes a single stream.

This may be natural for some applications, but will definitely be
unnatural both for the home-security monitoring use case and the hockey
game viewer use case (see the rtcweb-use-cases document).

"Natural" is strongly application dependent.

                  Harald