RE: Handling device permissions

Jesup wrote:
> Sure.  I have two cameras.  One is facing me, one is facing the view.
> I want to broadcast the view to a friend.
> The app calls getUserMedia(), and I select the back camera (and implicitly approve).

You've authorized the back camera.

> I would be very peeved if the application transmitted the front-camera
> view to anyone without my ok-ing it, perhaps majorly so depending on the situation.

What if you want to temporarily switch which camera you're using, why shouldn't you be able to ask the UA (and not the web application) to switch cameras (and then later switch back)? If you're doing this switch, you probably only want to temporarily grant it access to the other camera, you don't want it to think it can use two cameras, and while you're temporarily granting access to the front camera, you're actively *disallowing* access to the back camera. But those details aren't important to the web application, all it needs is the stream you've chosen to feed it.

> There are plenty of equivalent scenarios.

I'm sorry, it seems I was too terse. Does my clarification help?