Fwd: draft proposal : active multiple devices for getUserMedia

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 9:47 PM, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>wrote:

> **
> On 04/12/2012 04:53 AM, William Lin wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> in these days, Constraints and Capabilities API for getUserMedia were
> discussed while i found one scenario doesn't be covered:
> "users may want to initiate capture from multiple devices at one time in
> multiple media streams" (refer to
> http://www.w3.org/TR/capture-scenarios/#multiple-active-devices).
> is it possible adding the options to set the number of active devices? and
> the callback function needs to change:
>
> Given that the normal case will be one device, what's the cost of this
> relative to "just" calling getUserMedia multiple times?

Seems it is one mean to  get 'all' devices. but suppose getUserMedia will
be applied to 'monitor system', it is more sensible just calling one time.

> And how do you see the user interaction dialog looking?

in my opinion, it is depended on UA implementation: a list/checkgroup is ok
(If native platform application can support user interaction in the
multiple devices case, web runtime application will do).

--william