Re: Process for making edits to the getusermedia spec

On 12/15/2011 07:06 PM, Travis Leithead wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> It's been about a month since this task force was created. We've had quite a bit of discussion already on the list. I'd like to be able to show visible progress to folks that may not be participating in our task force.
>
> One of the ways to show progress is to release periodic updates to the specs that this task force is working on. Right now we have two documents: the scenarios for media capture (my document), and the getusermedia draft. The burden for an update to the scenarios document rests on me, and I do plan on making the updates previously requested by Harald and others (in the next week or so). My process for updating the scenarios document is incorporate feedback on the list as it comes in, and to update the draft document as often as time permits (given other priorities this is likely to be about once every few weeks).
Good. What's your target date - before or after the holidays?
> I'm a lot less clear on the process for showing progress on the getusermedia editor's draft. I've been in several different working groups, and each group manages spec updates differently (in fact every editor is different).
>
> If there is an update that we'd like to see made in the spec, what should _our_ process be for making this happen?
Basically, the editors make edits when they percieve that there is
reason to do so, and push the new version onto the CVS whenever they
feel it's ready.

If it's clear what needs to be done, we have put things into the tracker
as tasks and followed up on them from there; the WebRTC group yesterday
decided that we'd try to use Bugzilla instead of the W3C tracker for a
while and see if that works better.

Do you think we have concrete changes that we have consensus on making
at this point?

                     Harald