Comment to issues in MediaStream Capture Scenarios: Pre-processing

From: Bryan Sullivan <blsaws@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 08:42:04 -0800
To: public-media-capture@w3.org
Re issues in https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/media-stream-capture/scenarios.html
on "Pre-processing":[bryan] I agree that video preprocessing goals are
much more complex (though just as useful). Similarly to gestures,
speech recognition can also be used to control the stream itself. But
both uses are about interpreting the content to derive events, and I
think should be addressed in some other spec.  The more generic
capabilities (input level monitoring) or automatic controls based upon
them (e.g. AGC) however are useful to consider here. I would recommend
though that initially these be boolean options (recording
auto-start/pause and AGC). Going beyond that, input level events (e.g.
threshold passing) or some realtime-updated attribute (input signal
level) on the API would be very useful in recording scenarios.

--
Thanks,
Bryan Sullivan