User Media Hints

From: Rich Tibbett <richt@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 13:28:27 +0100
To: "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
We seem to have lost hints in the getusermedia specification. Was the
ability for a developer to provide a hint for a particular camera (the
'user' or 'environment' camera) removed for a reason? In the
string-based options proposal we had the following:

e.g. navigator.getUserMedia('video;view=environment', gotMedia);

Do we have a similar proposal in the object options model? I've included
3 models below that we could adopt and I'd be interested if anyone has a
preferred model at this point that we can agree to implement:

navigator.getUserMedia({"audio": true, "video": "environment"}, gotMedia);

navigator.getUserMedia({"audio": true, "video": {type: "environment"}},
gotMedia);

navigator.getUserMedia({"audio": true, "video": "environment", "type":
"environment"}, gotMedia);

br/ Rich