RE: Thoughts on converging MediaStream and Stream objects

Yes the early dependency could be a potential problem, however, I hope to lend a little credibility to the proposal by noting that it's a relatively simple adaptation of the widely supported and implemented File API pattern (so unlikely to change too much), and IE10 has already shipped support for it in recent previews. Microsoft is also editing that spec, so we have a vested interest in getting it finished quickly :-).