RE: Thoughts on converging MediaStream and Stream objects

From: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 19:17:23 +0000
To: Stefan Hakansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>, "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
>From: Stefan Hakansson LK [mailto:stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com]
>On 12/07/2011 07:22 PM, Travis Leithead wrote:
>> 2. Streams serve as an excellent output format from a
>> MediaStream recorder (rather than a Blob).
>
>I could see use of both types (or perhaps it is sufficient to use
>StreamReader to create blobs if recorder produces a Stream). My worry
>would be that we become dependent on Stream; I don't know the planned
>schedule for it.

Yes the early dependency could be a potential problem, however, I hope to lend a little credibility to the proposal by noting that it's a relatively simple adaptation of the widely supported and implemented File API pattern (so unlikely to change too much), and IE10 has already shipped support for it in recent previews. Microsoft is also editing that spec, so we have a vested interest in getting it finished quickly :-).