Re: XSLT-Stylesheet for conversion XMP > MAWG

Hi Martin,

this is on purpose. The values are not part of the lexical space of
time-related datatypes in XML Schema. At
http://fabday.fh-potsdam.de/~sasaki/mawg/xmp/xslt/xml-canonical-to-mawg.xsl
I have created a function my:checkDateDataType, to deal with some of these
values that occurred in the XMP example files. But the fallback is always
that if no adequate datatype is found, I go to a string datatype.

I see two options:

1) Change the input data so that it contains only XML Schema dateTime
compatible values
2) Extend my:checkDateDataType so that it deals with the two problematic
values and converts them to dateTime values
3) Leave everything as is

My preference would be 2) or 3). 3) Would reflect reality most, at least
given the XMP examples I have. Any thoughts?

Felix